Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Update II

Back in June, I looked at the wide open calendar and thought about everything I'd get done in the coming months.  Now here it is the middle of August and, while I've gotten a lot done, I am feeling the "last two weeks of summer panic" set in.  Luckily, I did enough home DIY projects that I'm not feeling pressured to work around the house.  I've seen most of my piano students a few times this summer, some more than others, but for some of them, we haven't been together for a lesson since school let out.

It's that time of summer, when we start setting the schedule for the fall.  I'm going to start at 4:30 PM on Mondays to accommodate some young students.  It'll be a stretch for me to get home by then.  I'll just have to leave work at the first moment I can so that I'm home in time for them.  Starting at 4:30 will allow me to finish a little earlier, which is always a good thing.

Mondays
4:30-5:30: C&S
5:30-6:30: D&K

Tuesdays
5:00-5:30 R
5:30-6:00 C (?--she is one of those I haven't seen since early June)
6:00-7:00 K&K (every other week)
7:00-8:00 Z&J (hmm...this seems awfully late)

Wednesdays
5:00-6:30 J, J, &DS

Thursdays
4:30-5:00 M
5:45-6:15 R

Looking at this, I am feeling a little worried about Tuesdays.  Maybe I can get the every other week peopel to come on Mondays from 6:30-7:30.  That way they'll be the last people of the day and I'll be done earlier every other week. And I can move the Z&J brothers to 6-7 PM.  Hmmm....And my neighbor wants her three kids to take lessons again--I truly don't think I have room for 3 more students!! YIKES! This is a good problem to have, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment